Popular Posts

Watercolor Wednesdays - Flowers

>> Wednesday, April 24, 2013

5x7 Watercolor on Canson 140lb cold press paper
Welcome to Watercolor Wednesdays!  This week I haven't had much time to paint as I started a new job (as a cake decorator at Walmart).  I was originally only scheduled a few hours a day for this week but they changed it so I was only to do a small painting for now.  I wanted to just play with the watercolors and not think about correct technique or any kind of detail and this simple flower came to mind.  I did some wet on wet and some wet on dry washes and think it turned out not so bad.  I would extend the muted background out past the foliage if I were to do it again, but other than that, I'm happy with this little painting.

If you would like to share your watercolors for the week, sign up with Mr. Linky below.  Please be sure to enter the url for your post as opposed to your blog homepage to make it easier for any latecomers to find your post.

5 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Maria Medeiros April 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM  

hello! :D i don't see the linky thing. :D

Deanna April 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM  

Apparently there is a problem with Mr Linky. For now you can post a link to your blog in the comments. Sorry about that :(

sharon April 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM  

Love your watercolor, here is my link http://sharonartinspirations.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/artist-play-room-and-watercolor.html

Unknown May 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM  

Oooooh, I really like using Inlinkz :) Here's mine: http://blog.adriennerose.me/2013/05/archives-changing-art-living-abroad.html

Unknown May 4, 2013 at 2:48 AM  

I love the greenery behind your flower! :) Great watercolor! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP